Easter? Christmas? Birthday? Why not enjoy an ordinary sunday with a great dish and some friends? Try this delicious meal after a heavy workout or just to treat yourself:
- marinate your freshly hunted hare (around 1.5 kg) with mustard, balsamic vinegar, salt & pepper; let it rest at room temperature for around 1 hour
- heat some coconut oil, roast the hare from all sides, take it out of the pan
- roast some leek and carrots, add fresh herbs (thyme, rosemary, marjoram), deglaze with balsamic vinegar & hot herb-water; let it boil a little down
- add the roast hare and put it in the pre-heated oven (180 °C) for around 60 min
- add some herb-water and turn the hare every 15 min
- you could enhance your sauce with some coconut milk, if you like
- bring 1 l of water to a boil & add some salt
- add 250 g Polenta, bring it to a boil and let it cook at low heat for 45 min
- add some fresh herbs, salt & pepper
- roast 1 red onion, 1 yellow and 1 red pepper, some mushrooms
- add some tomato or pelati & fresh herbs, salt & pepper
- let it cook for 15 min
There you go! Why not serve a fresh lettuce salad with cucumber & watermelon as a starter? Enjoy a fresh, healthy, local & fair meal!
You need to treat yourself once in a while !