Try these eggplant cannelloni: a result of cooking a delicious dish with a good friend. These cannelloni are easy to prepare, even if you are not in your own kitchen. A healthy dish for everyone on a cosy summer evening.
- Cut the eggplants into thin slices lengthways
- Put a little salt on them, wait until the water liberates and dry them
- Bake them for 10 min in the oven at 200 °C
- Meanwhile, prepare some onions and garlic
- Fry them together with some minced beef in a pan with a little rapeseed oil
- Prepare your vegetables for the sauce, e.g. tomato, pepper, zucchini
- Cook them with a part of the fried onions and garlic and add some peeled tomatoes
- Add some dried or fresh herbs, salt and pepper
- Cut some mozzarella in small dices
- Fill the eggplant slices with the minced beef & roll them up (add a pick for better hold)
- Lay the rolls in an ovenproof dish
- Pour over the tomato-vegetable sauce & sprinkle the cheese
- Bake for 10 min at 200 °C
Enjoy your pasta-free cannelloni!